- Children learn to hear the individual sounds in words, and associate each sound with a letter and a fingerstroke on the keyboard.
- Children use their eyes, ears, mouths, and fingers. This multi-sensory and motor approach stimulates learning and helps children who have different learning styles.
- Children develop fluency by making thousands of letter-sound (phonics) associations.
- Children are engaged and motivated by the colorful characters, games, animations, and music.
- Children's progress is assessed and tracked by the program, which suggests activities to help them in problem areas.
- Children get instant auditory and visual feedback to correct their errors.
- Parents and teachers can customize the program for different reading levels and proficiency targets.
- Children think and practice phonics continually as they spell out meaningful words, sentences, and stories.
- Children sound out, read, and write any word they can say.
In order to help schools integrate the Talking Fingers family of products into their curriculum, we have correlated both our software programs with the Language Arts standards of each of the 50 states.